Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference

Hai! Yeah well if the Japanese weren't so darn wicked! Then nothing bad would ever happen to them! Isn't that how things work? How if you're righteous then nothing bad will ever happen to you? Pretty sure I heard that yesterday in one of the talks... or that could've been something else entirely since I watched the Sunday morning session in Chinese and didn't get a whole lot out of it... which isn't to say I didn't understand it.... but those translators really don't have very much expression... which is lame since we had 3 investigators there and they all fell asleep... sigh... I guess i can't really blame them since I was pretty darn sleepy a year ago watching conference, not to mention a year and 6 months ago when I fell asleep IN the actual conference center... which is pretty lame. I don't know what I was thinking before I came on my mission. How could I have missed out on such awesomeness before... I must've been drugged by some malefactor... (Yes! I still know words like malefactor! Even after speaking nothing but Chinese for 7 months!... well almost...) Whatever the case, since I've already been through my second general conference on my mission I guess it means I'm pretty much halfway done. Man that time went fast! Although I've been in San Francisco 6 months! Not 5!!! Guess time is going a little faster than you even thought dad! This week went super super fast, speaking of time going fast. It seems like it was just yesterday that we went to golden gate park and looked at the incredibly exciting buffalo there... ok they weren't all that exciting. The sisters and other elders in our district went to the Zoo today but we figured a) it was too expensive and b) it was too far away... also we were too lazy to go with them and I want to play the piano which we keep missing out on cause the sisters keep organizing these random activities... although I guess the golden gate park thing wasn't their idea... in any case, we didn't go. But I'm thinking your dream version of me is better than any photos that I could send mom! I think I'll probably just refrain and keep letting you dream up really awesome looking versions of me. We had three investigators come to general conference yesterday (would've had 5 but 1 slept in on accident and the other one was too lazy and doesn't want to obey commandments... sigh... yufei...)... Which was pretty good. Had a really great member named sister Niu from Beijing who is really really faithful and knowledgeable about the gospel pick them all up and bring them to the stake center in Pacifica which is where the conference was broadcast. Anyways, that's cool you got to talk to Misty! But darn Adriana's getting married to some sharp Mexican guy. I can't compete with that! I'm neither sharp nor Mexican! Oh well, I'm sure i'll pull through... I've heard missions change people so... maybe I'll turn Mexican at least... We have this like mexicantown place in my area where I've been like twice in the 6 months serving here in downtown... mainly since there aren't a whole lot of Chinese people down there... which seems pretty authentic. I'm a pretty big fan of serving in downtown San Francisco. I don't really want to get transferred elsewhere although I'm thinking downtown Oakland might be kind of fun since that's where Elder Lee is and it'd be awesome if we could be companions at some point. Also, I've heard you get mugged all the time which is always fun fun fun! In any case, I'd better finish up so I can still have time to play piano. That's weird about "the Book of Mormon." I did actually hear about it from this random guy who started talking to us on the street and ended up being an investigator in a different area although all he said was that it was by the South Park people and was getting good reviews which I just assumed to mean that they just made Mormon people look stupid and everyone loved it. Which is generally how things go. But it seems like our church's public relations have been getting better recently since Mormon.org is pretty cool and I think more and more people know our church as a legitimate religion and not some cult or something. Although there are still quite a few people we talk to who are like "oh you're not Christian" and we're like "yes we are" and they're like "no you're not"... etc... Anyways, love you guys! Thanks for your emails! Hope you have a great week! -Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment